What Kind of Teacher Are You? Free Quiz
[et_pb_section bb_built="1"][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type="4_4"][et_pb_text]Curious to find out what type of teacher you are; how your students see you or perhaps how you'd fare in front of a classroom? Take this quiz (skip down to the end if you're impatient)A child's education depends a great deal on the quality of the teacher. The primary trait of a good teacher is the focus on student learning. He/She forms a connection with the students that makes the students open to learning.According to greatschools.org, some characteristics of a good teacher include
- Great teachers set high expectations for all students. They expect that all students can and will achieve in their classroom, and they don’t give up on underachievers.
- Great teachers have clear, written-out objectives. Effective teachers have efficient lesson plans that give students a clear idea of what they will be learning, what the assignments are and what the grading policy is.
- Great teachers are prepared and organized. They are in their classrooms early and ready to teach. They present lessons in a clear and structured way. Their classrooms are organized in such a way as to minimize distractions.
- Great teachers engage students and get them to look at issues in a variety of ways. Effective teachers use facts as a starting point, not an end point; they ask “why” questions, look at all sides and encourage students to predict what will happen next. They ask questions frequently to make sure students are following along. They try to engage the whole class, and they don’t allow a few students to dominate the class.
- Great teachers form strong relationships with their students and show that they care about them as people. Great teachers are warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring. Teachers with these qualities are known to stay after school and make themselves available to students and parents who need them.
- Great teachers are masters of their subject matter. They exhibit expertise in the subjects they are teaching and spend time continuing to gain new knowledge in their field.
- Great teachers communicate frequently with parents. They don’t hesitate to pick up the telephone to call a parent if they are concerned about a student.
Read: Standards of Good Teaching: 10 Key Principles to followSo what type of teacher are you?
Types of Teachers
Take the quiz below to find out which one of these 4 Types of teacher you belong to:
- The Relaxed Teacher
- The Overly Strict Teacher
- The Boring Teacher
- The Teacher Who Tries too Hard